Mmhmm…Plantain Pancakes. These. are. so. good.
I’ve made 2 ingredient pumpkin pancakes before and I’ve eaten banana pancakes before but I’ve been ADDICTED to plantains lately! The problem I’ve had with pumpkin and banana is that they’re flat. I want fluffy, grain-free pancakes without using a bunch of almond flour or coconut flour. You too? Well….here you go!
Plantain pancakes (2 ingredients)
1 yellow (with a few brown spots) plantain
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
1. Peel and chop plantain into chunks and place in blender. Blend until fairly smooth.
2. Add egg and blend until smooth.
3. Add in vanilla and cinnamon
4. Melt about 1 tsp of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup of batter. Wait for batter to bubble a bit then flip.
1. Dice 1/2 an apple
2. Melt 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in small pan over medium heat. Add apples and saute until they’re semi-soft. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Place pancakes on plate, drizzle with honey and top with apples. Enjoy!