I’ve worked with a vast number of men and women over the years and one question I continue to hear over and over again is, “Where do I begin?”
We all begin in the same place – by simply starting.
I started officially sharing my story publicly in 2014 on social media. I didn’t know what I was doing. I just simply decided to share my life publicly.
Over time, my social media posts expanded into blog posts until I started to hear from others, “I can’t wait for you to write your book.” I had no intentions of writing a book, but others were telling me exactly what they wanted. They wanted to be able to read my story in the form of a book.
I didn’t know how to start.
How do I write a book?
How do I find an editor?
Do I need an agent?
How do I get published?
How do I sell my book?
These were all questions I had (and more), but none of those questions entered my mind six years ago when I decided to simply show up on social media and start sharing my truth.
Whether you’re someone who also has the gut knowing you’re meant to do something with your writing or just simply know you have a love of it that could potentially become more than just a hobby, I am here to support you along that journey of uncovering your truth you came here to share with the world.
There is a process, a journey, and a path we all go on in discovering who we are, why we’re here, and the message buried deep within our soul that is meant to be shared with the world.
If this is fueling something within you, if you can begin to feel that fire stir, this is for you. I know exactly where you’re at because at one point, I was you.
There are many things to consider as you begin to embrace your calling of “writer”.
- How to market yourself as a writer
- How to tell your story as vulnerably and authentically as possible
- How to effectively tell your story
- Listening to the message of your soul vs your ego
- How and where to build a social media platform
- Finding your unique voice
- Standing in your truth when others disagree with you
- Handling the haters
- Monetizing your writing
- Writing goes beyond “sitting down and writing”
- Your mission/purpose/calling
- How best to start your book
- When do you need an editor
- How to decide between publisher or self publishing
- How to get your book online (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc)
- How to incorporate “writer” into your business
…and so much more!
You may be sitting there thinking, “I know I eventually want to publish my work, but right now it feels like a massive leap when I’m not even writing every day.”
That’s where this community comes in.
Speak Your Truth is a community for writers who want to make an impact in this world using their story.
It’s a way of turning your hobby of writing into something real, tangible, and profitable.
Not only do you get access to me, a self-published author who has been a coach, mentor, and teacher for over 13 years, but you will also be mentored by my editor and intuitive writing coach, River T. Chau.
You will receive an email each week with tangible guidance, tips, and writing exercises to implement immediately into your practice in order to shift from writing being a hobby to a profitable business.
Each month, River and I will hop on a Q+A (either live or pre-recorded) to answer your questions and hurdles in order for you to gain massive clarity, in order to take the next step towards your vision of being a writer.
Although this community is starting off email-based, it will be expanding into a community platform where you can engage with one another to support each other’s mission, as well.
With this community, you’ll:
- Stop spinning your wheels and start moving forward
- Open an additional stream of income
- Experience more joy in your life, allowing yourself to embrace who you came here to be
- See the ripple effect around you, as you change the lives of others through your words
- Network with other authors
- Learn from a self-published author and editor who know the industry
- Gain confidence in your voice
If you hired us individually, you would spend at least $2000/month.
Join the community today and start making an impact for only $97/month!
Emails will be sent to the email address associated with your PayPal account. If you need them sent to a different email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Weekly emails will come from email@example.com. Please make sure you accept all emails from that account so they are delivered to your inbox instead of your spam or promotions folder.